Saturday, October 13, 2007

Here we go......


Uneventful flight from Texas to California. En route, I put the earphones to my new Ipod Shuffle in Bob's ears ......he was hooked. Loved it! I figured he'd have to have one & he did not disagree.
Dennis picked us up at LAX (what a zoo that airport has become!!).

HP & I went to Target shortly after our arrival to get Bob's new Ipod. Took Sean's suggestion & went with a Nano - holds 2000 songs!!!

Spent a few hours visiting & then off to 'Open Sesame' for a Lebanese dinner. The lovely Julie Powers accompanied us. The lovely Jenny Powers had other obligations. After dinner we stopped for ice cream & then came home to visit & play with the new Ipod. Spent a few frustrating hours before Bob stepped in & about 1:00 a.m. and figured it out! YEAH!!!

Up and out this morning for breakfast at The Lighthouse Deli & then a walk on the beach. Picked up some books this afternoon to add to my collection for the trip.

Dinner is on the BBQ & we will be leaving for LAX in a few hours.
Thanks DP, HP & girls for a wonderful visit!
For those of you who are interested....yes, we did do it with carry on bags. I have not even opened my suitcase (just my 'purse'). Do not intend to open the suit case before Wellington. And yes, I've changed clothes, shoes, accessories & had my jammies too! Now, it all may be a moot point. Bob looked at the airline web site & saw the limit for carry on is 14 pounds. May be checking those bags after all!
We will be in touch when we get to Wellington & after we have had some sleep!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a fun trip - sounds like you're going to be seeing and doing loads!

Jacquie

Unknown said...

Hello Cuz Bob and Nancy

Well, Off to New Z. Have fun, be safe and enjoy life. I wish Livia and I are with you guys.

Toolala for now
Cuz Ramzi

Mr. Kareem Mansour said...

glad ya'll made it. i'm enjoying your adventure already. hope ya'll have big loads of fun. especially bob.